Check out what we've done this week to make Databend even better for you.
Features & Improvements ✨
expressin::TableSchemato replace obsolete
iter()iterate every tree and every records in theses trees (#9621)
- add other base geo functions (#9588)
- improve cardinality estimation for join based on histogram (#9594)
- improve join reorder algorithm (#9571)
- support insert with placeholder (#9575)
- set setting support expr (#9574)
- add information_schema for sharding-jdbc (#9583)
- support named params for table functions (#9630)
Code Refactoring 🎉
- refine on_error mode (#9473)
- remove unused meta types and conversion util (#9584)
- more strict parser for format_options (#9635)
- rearrange common_expression and common_function (#9585)
Build/Testing/CI Infra Changes 🔌
- run sqllogictests with binary (#9603)
Bug Fixes 🔧
- constant folder should run repeatly until stable (#9572)
to_string(boolean)may panic (#9561)
- fix stack overflow when applying RuleFilterPushDownJoin (#9645)
- fix range filter read stat with index (#9619)
- sqllogic test hangs (cluster mod + clickhouse handler) (#9615)
What's On In Databend
Stay connected with the latest news about Databend.
Upgrade Databend Query from 0.8 to 0.9
Databend-query-0.9 introduces incompatible changes in metadata, these metadata has to be manually migrated.
Databend provides a program for this job:
databend-meta-upgrade-09, which you can find in a release package or can be built from source.
databend-meta-upgrade-09 --cmd upgrade --raft-dir "<./your/raft-dir/>"
Release Proposal: Nightly v1.0
The call for proposals for the release of v1.0 is now open.
The preliminary plan is to release in March, mainly focusing on
group by spill.
What's Up Next
We're always open to cutting-edge technologies and innovative ideas. You're more than welcome to join the community and bring them to Databend.
Add Type Checker for Sqllogictest
We can check if each row's each element's type is correct.
// Todo: add types to compare
Please let us know if you're interested in contributing to this issue, or pick up a good first issue at https://link.databend.rs/i-m-feeling-lucky to get started.
You can check the changelog of Databend Nightly for details about our latest developments.
We're gearing up for the v0.9 release of Databend. Stay tuned.
Thanks a lot to the contributors for their excellent work this week.
Connect With Us
We'd love to hear from you. Feel free to run the code and see if Databend works for you. Submit an issue with your problem if you need help.
DatafuseLabs Community is open to everyone who loves data warehouses. Please join the community and share your thoughts.