Contributing to Databend¶
Databend is an open project, and you can contribute to it in many ways. You can help with ideas, code, or documentation. We appreciate any efforts that help us to make the project better.
Our goal is to make contributing to the Databend project easy and transparent.
Once the code been merged, your name will be stoned in the
system.contributors table forever.
SELECT * FROM system.contributors
To contribute to Databend, ensure that you have the latest version of the codebase, run the following:
$ git clone https://github.com/datafuselabs/databend $ cd databend $ make setup $ make test
For detailed guidance on how to contribute to the codebase refer to Coding Guidelines.
All developer documentation is published on the Databend developer site, databend.rs.
To submit your pull request:
- Fork the
databendrepo and create your branch from
- Open an regular issue for binding the pull request.
- Submit a draft pull requests, tag your work in progress.
- If you have added code that should be tested, add unit tests.
- Verify and ensure that the test suites passes,
- Make sure your code passes both linters,
- Change the status to “Ready for review”.
- Watch out the replies from the @datafuse-bots, she will be your guide.
Code of Conduct¶
Please refer to the Code of Conduct, which describes the expectations for interactions within the community.
Databend uses GitHub issues to track bugs. Please include necessary information and instructions to reproduce your issue.