This page provides information about recent features, enhancements, and bug fixes for.
Oct 30, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.2.184-nightly:
- MERGE INTO now supports automatic reclustering and compaction.
- SQLsmith now covers DELETE, UPDATE, ALTER TABLE, CAST, and MERGE INTO.
- Added a new system function FUSE_ENCODING.
- Added semi-structured data processing functions JSON_EACH and JSON_ARRAY_ELEMENTS.
- Added date & time functions TO_WEEK_OF_YEAR and DATE_PART.
- Added support for User-Defined Functions (UDFs).
Sep 13, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.2.109-nightly:
- Added support for GROUP BY ALL.
- Introduced masking policies.
- Added support for distributed REPLACE INTO.
- Added support for Hash Join spill.
- Added initial support for the DAC privilege model.
- Improved performance of Inner Join.
- Improved Common Table Expressions (CTEs) performance through materialization.
- Columns in Databend are now nullable by default.
- Databend Cloud is now on .
- Introduced for seamless data ingestion from Kafka.
July 25, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.2.31-nightly:
- Added support for creating Bloom Indexes for specified columns.
- Added basic read support for Iceberg table.
- Added support for distributed COPY INTO.
- Enhanced system.query_profile with additional execution information, facilitating query profiling.
- Introduced , enabling CDC stream ingestion from RDBMS like MySQL/Postgres into Databend.
Jun 30, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.2.0-nightly:
- You can now utilize the Flink CDC connector to load data from other databases in real-time.
- Added support for renaming a column with
ALTER TABLE [ IF EXISTS ] <name> RENAME COLUMN <col_name> TO <new_col_name>.
- Added support for using column position when querying CSV and TSV files.
- Added HTTP query deduplication via
- Added support for distributed deletion.
- Fixed stability issues with storage usage statistics.
Jun 6, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.1.54-nightly:
- Added support for Virtual Columns.
- Added support for adding expressions to a window function.
- Added support for setting a deduplicate_label in INSERT, UPDATE, and REPLACE operaitons.
- Added support for setting optimization hints in COPY INTO.
- Added native support for COS.
- Added support for IEJoin.
- Enhanced SQL hints in worksheet using the Azure OpenAI service.
May 23, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.1.40-nightly:
- Introduced the VACUUM TABLE command to optimize system performance by freeing up storage space and permanently removing historical data files from a table.
- Added support for Computed Columns generated through scalar expressions from other columns.
- Added support for replacing with stage attachment.
- Introduced new bitmap functions:
bitmap_xor, and more.
- Added the ability to integrate with Tableau.
- Added support for filtering files using regex patterns when creating a pipe.
- Added support for modifying the size and auto-suspend time of a warehouse.
May 15, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.1.30-nightly:
- Added bitmap functions: bitmap_count and build_bitmap.
- Optimizer now supports constant folding.
- Improved Hash Join performance with a new Hash table design.
- Now the worksheets can be viewed and managed as tabs.
April 25, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.1.7-nightly:
- REPLACE INTO can now handle tables that have a cluster key.
- Introduced the array_aggregate function and other array aggregate functions like std, median.
- Introduced the window function percent_rank.
- Upgraded BendSQL to provide improved SQL keyword highlights and auto completion.
- Fixed an issue where the default database was not available on the data loading page .
April 12, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.0.60-nightly:
- Introduced Eager Aggregation to improve data grouping and joining performance.
- Passed ALL TPC-DS queries.
- New aggregation functions: QUANTILE_DISC, KURTOSIS, SKEWNESS.
- New Integrations:
- Automatic data loading via Apache DolphinScheduler.
April 04, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.0.43-nightly:
- New query syntax: PIVOT, UNPIVOT, GROUP BY CUBE, and ROLLUP.
- Introduced AI functions: Turns Databend Cloud into an intelligent data store, allowing you to unlock deeper insights and extract more value from your data.
- Introduced window functions.
- New Integrations:
- Improved the stability of warehouse auto-suspending: Warehouses can now be suspended as intended.
March 21, 2023
- Introduced a native : You can now connect to Metabase and create beautiful data visualizations or reports.
- Upgraded databend-query to 1.0.26-nightly:
- Allowed data transformation when loading data with COPY INTO.
- Introduced the function ai_to_sql() that converts your natural language instructions to SQL queries.
- Added a
purgeoption for creating a pipeline, allowing automatic purging of ingested files.
- Enhanced the ability to collect real-time data on the usage of warehouses and the size of table storage.
- Optimized the UI prompts for expired plans.
March 14, 2023
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.0.15-nightly:
- Improved COPY performance when dealing with large amounts of data files.
- Added support for REPLACE statement which allows for more efficient data manipulation.
- Added support for Map type with built-in BloomFilter index which allows for more efficient data retrieval and querying.
- Added AWS us-west-2 region.
- Enlarge the member limit of organization to 5 by default.
- Improved the billing page for better usability.
March 07, 2023
- Introduced new tools:
- : allows Databend to be connected to Flink applications.
- enables ingestion of data from Kafka.
- Upgraded databend-query to v1.0.4-nightly:
- Added support for the decimal data type.
- Added support for data block cache and query result cache.
- Optimized memory usage for GROUP BY.
- Performance improvements.
- Pipe now includes a region option and supports regular full-turn polling reset.
- No longer starts a warehouse automatically when a new tenant is created.